If there was ever a time that we were excited about seeing a team play football, it has to be today. In my preseason blog I spoke about Special Teams play and that remains a top priority of what I would like to see improvement on today. As far as the offense goes, I continue to hear a ton of chatter about Osweiller, but not much on Lamar Miller.
I am fully aware that our offensive line that we will see today, will not be close to what we will see opening day. With the absence of Duane and now Nick Martin, I truly hope that Osweiller is not in the game for very long, as the protection could be very suspect. I hope that Jeff Allen proves to be a great pick up, but I will be playing very close attention to the running game and how well we are able to move the ball. I do not think we should, nor is it Bill's style, to come out slinging the ball to "showcase" all of the speed we have on the receiving end. I expect a very vanilla game plan, and a lot of "opportunities" for our play makers to make plays in space.
I have to say it is very concerning that Clowney didn't even make the trip. This year has to be the year that we get something out of the 2-14 season from 3 years ago. The pain of that season still lingers over the city. As we are continually reminded by those "Houston Cowboy's", we have yet to bring a championship to this city. The defense will definitely be a huge part in making that happen. I'm excited to see Devon Still get an opportunity to show what he can do.
It is certainly a surprise to see how big this guy is. When he was in the news about his daughter, he seemed to have lost quite a bit of weight. But from what I've heard, this guy has some serious ability to make plays, along with Christian Covington. With Chip Kelly's no huddle offense, it will be great to see our ability to rotate players in and out, and not depend on JJ to be the Lord and Savior of the season.
All in all, it's just our first preseason game. With the play of the top 3 quarterbacks in the draft so far, it seems that our free agent moves were definitely the way to go. Giving up the entire farm to get a player who is already out, at least through the preseason, and a number one pick who is struggling to be out Case Keenum, makes me feel pretty good about our direction. Time will tell what this year will truly look like. It will likely not be until Arizona that we see what this team truly has the potential to be. I stay with the thought that we will likely not see JJ until week 3 against the Patriots. So here's to seeing a team that has continued to grow since the great fall of 2013.
Go Texans!
DJ THE DJ




No comments:
Post a Comment