Sunday, August 28, 2016

Cowboy Fans Vote Rick Smith into Hall of Fame, Watt baffles defenses in his absence.


Well looks like our points from last week were spot on.  Clowney came in and showed flashes that look like a first round draft pick and DeAndre just stepped out of the way and let the young receiver's go to work.  If you didn't get excited about the possibility in finally being able to run a quick screen for a positive play, then you were never there when we threw it to Andre Johnson for negative yards like 1000 and 1 times.  But I'll break all of that down in just a second.  OF COURSE Cowboy fans would never vote anyone from the Texans to be anything but garbage.  Even once we have several rings, they will never agree that there is a new sheriff in Texas, and they play at NRG.  I am in a smack talk group that is for nothing but Texans and Cowboy fans.  Unfortunately, we do not get to play each other but every four years, so we mostly dissect each other's moves and records.  We have to change our Facebook profile pic to the opposing team's logo when we lose.  I will tell you I never knew how much a profile pic change would be such a big deal.  But trust me, it is.  Try it!  But with that being said Damion Cole, one of the few Cowboy fans that I have a ton of respect for, posted a pic of our trophy case;

This really put me in thought of where we are now, and where we almost were.  In this city we beat up Rick Smith quite a bit over the years.  But when you really look at the draft, I think you will see that Gary Kubiak had quite a bit to say in who we drafted.  Rick and Gary both came in together in 2006.  That was probably one of our better draft's.  As a Team we have been pretty lucky with staying away from the popular snare traps.  Bush/Vince/Manziel could have all been one of them boys on Kirby.  But it wasn't until 2009 that we actually drafted some decent talent.  


2010 was looking like a disaster until we brought in Wade, who, thank God supposedly jumped on a table to draft JJ Watt.  All of a sudden we have A DEFENSE!  But secretly at that point did our illustrious owner give us a hint as to who was now making the decisions?


In 2012 Rick was PROMOTED and after the 2013 season Gary was let go.  Minus the Sam Montgomery/Travardo Williams blunt scandal, we have picked up some good players since 2012.  Louis Nix was a big disappointment, but you can tell that Rick has a pretty big say over the decision making process, as I'm sure Billy O wanted to cut Ryan Mallet's Candy ASS before they kicked off in the game.  So leave Rick alone, I think he is finally building us a team that we can finally start to fill that empty trophy case!


The number one question is how do we get there?  I told you in my first blog this season how pumped I was watching the first episode of Hard Knocks.  One of the things that stuck out to me though, was how they showed JJ Watt after practice, ALL BY HIMSELF, doing extra work.  I remember thinking, why is he the only person staying after practice to put in extra work.  I blew it off as Hard Knocks just wanting to feature JJ.  But I can tell you that the JJ being away this pre season has been the best therapy this team could have.  We needed these guys to get the extra reps in practice.  JJ is a beast, and remember I told you to think Adrian Peterson recovery for him.  JJ should be back in full force much sooner than you think.  But the NFL has become custom to only having to account for JJ.  Double, Triple team JJ and the rest will fix itself.  The reason you are seeing turnovers so far, is because we are disrupting the back field.  We are tackling for loss, and pressuring the quarterback WITHOUT JJ.  With JJ in the game, these teams are having to account for everyone.  


Well folks.  I have a feeling that this one could get nasty.  No one is counting wins and losses, but the preseason has been fairly easy up until this point.  These guys have a lot to prove, several people are picking these guys to win the super bowl.  It will be nice to see how our defense holds up against a pretty good offense.  On defense we will be looking for more of the same.  A turn over in this game will definitely put the Kool Aid in the glass for me.  Maybe not to drink it just yet, but we have to take a strong look at this team and how it's been put together.  Bill O'brien's first year with the Patriots was their undefeated season in 2007.  Randy Moss a burner, even old Jabar Gaffney was brought on that year.  Braxton Miller is like a sneaky Wes Welker, Will Fuller is not up to Randy Moss level yet, but I was not at all surprised to see Randy in Texans training camp this year.  This makes it very important for Cecil Shorts to make some noise in this game.  We heard some buzz about him going into camp, but we have yet to see anything from him on the field.


Then there is Alfred Blue.  The backfield that year for the Patriots was only 3 RB's and a FB.  This makes it very important for Bluuuuuuuuuue, to get on the field to make some noise.  I don't think he has to do a lot, but he does have to show that he can get on the field.  Kenny Hilliard has definitely made his presence known, but he will need to show up also on special teams before he jumps ahead of his LSU running mate in Alfred Blue.


But the number one priority here is to come out healthy.  I heard the rumors about JJ coming back, and just don't want to Romo him back into the hospital.  As long as this defense is playing nasty, let number 99 give Brock a chance to continue to be the leader on this team.  When JJ gets back, he can shut that confused young man, Steven A. what's his name the heck up.  There are some hard decisions ahead.  Do we keep all of the running backs and go without a full back?  Does Cecil Shorts and Alfred Blue net us some extra draft picks for next season?  What's Weeden's value to go back to Dallas for a draft pick like we did Keenum?  Another Rick Smith move that no one would have ever called.  We're going to pick up a quarterback off of a deer lease, get him to win a couple of games, then sell him back to the team that cut him for a 7th round draft pick.  I'm looking for Brock to drive down the field and score on this stout defense.  Do not turn the ball over, and make a spark on special teams.  Good old complimentary football people!

And as always.......................


Go Texans!



DJ THE DJ






  


No comments:

Post a Comment