Tuesday, December 1, 2015

GrandMOM

GRANDmom

Conversations heard of questions denied
Why are you keeping them?
Bettie seems fine!
You never hesitated
Fed neighborhoods
Pressed heads all day long
Cleaned the house
Cooked Dinner
Walked downtown
Paid on Layaways from January through December.
If we ever went without I don't remember!
Guess that's why kids in the Ghetto felt rich on Christmas!
If I could write a business plan of how to raise a family
It couldn't start without first mentioning your name.
95 years now you contemplating eternal Retirement.
How can you be so ready?
Make me feel real selfish.
But I guess I need to 
Fuss like you Fuss
Get up at 4am, have coffee
Make egg and rice
with Toast
Then look at my stories!
Losing both parents suck
Just got you left
But you deserve to go home!
Just know this Ganny Man is strong
I'm the one you made.
And I am proud as Heaven
to have you as my GRANDmom!

Derwin Jordan December 1, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment