Friday, January 30, 2015

Peyton Manning for Andre Johnson???

As we begin the reunion tour of the Denver Broncos, reuniting Gary, Wade, and Dennison, why not throw in Cutler in a Kubiak bootleg offense.  Run and Gun, but hand the ball off, and throw to your Tight Ends more than you’re down the field runners?  How about focus only on one receiver?  As much as I would like to keep Andre, this new era of a Belichek like regime says that stock piling draft picks would warrant Andre's late/early exit.  Granted the first thing that Obrien did upon his arrival was signing a smart quarterback that could learn his system fairly quickly.  OB proved that you didn't need to be fast, but you did have to be smart.  Don't turn the ball over, and rely on your defense, even in the offensive red zone to help you win games.  It's a tried and true testimony to how the Patriots have built success over the years.  Kubiak tried to bring the championship feel and winning ways from Denver.  So much so, we almost had the entire Colorado St. roster become Texans.  http://www.csurams.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042910aab.html I predict with the amount of coaching moves that you will see several moves made where coaches will bring in former players to attempt to win in different environments.  I strongly feel that Peyton will not play under Gary's scheme.  Even though it sounds petty, what a way to stick it to Kubiak and the Colts better than to come into a system fit for an aging quarterback?  I still say that Peyton will be one of, if not the first player to retire from football and go directly into the NFL as a coach.  But I can absolutely see names like Manning, Welker, Tamme, to the Texans, while you see names like Johnson, Keenum, Graham, and Reed to the Broncos.  With an aging and injury ridden Brian Cushing, I think you could see Romeo go after Houston in KC, along with maybe a free agent running back or two make its way to compete for a 3rd string spot like a Ridley or Vereen.  Of course none of these names mean anything if we do not address the field that has taken so many players out with injury for us.  Welker almost needed his career here, and even after Clowney fell in a pot hole, you would have thought the seconds wouldn't have clicked all the way off the clock before putting in some new grass.  Not to mention we do not need to be getting old.  However, if Mallet is our guy, it sure would have been good for him not to be injured.  So I say it again, a one year deal for Peyton to give Mallett a good season to return, is the way I would absolutely love to see that cookie crumble.

DJ THE DJ
COPYRIGHT 2015

ALL AND ALL ENTERTAINMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment