Saturday, November 19, 2016

JJ Watt back for the playoffs? DHop holding back, and why Brock will shut up haters! SOMOS TEXANS!





55-89 the first 9 seasons without JJ Watt.  42-38 (5 seasons with Watt)  JJ has been the bloody face of this organization.  Before his arrival, the organization was a mediocre nightmare.  Before JJ there were not even marketable players.  Andre was the heart of the organization, but let's face it, Andre was not the commercial guy that could be guy for HEB or Papa Johns.  The Texans wait list for season tickets will remain a 4 year process.  But after seeing, hearing, watching, and feeling all the love from JJ for so many years, the silence is what makes me feel real about this assumption.  Listen, I think playing him at full strength the first 3 games after having back surgery was plain idiotic.  But was it?  First of all we NEVER SAW THE PLAY OR PLAYS that caused JJ's injury.  JJ played the entire game against the Patriots.  We later found out that he would be placed on injured reserve.  I don't know about you, but I was extremely surprised.  So we never found out nor was it confirmed how serious it was.  Other than he was going on IR.  With the new rules of IR, I have also not heard us say anything about designating anyone to return.  Oh, maybe because we don't have to.  Listen, I'm no happy go lucky fan who keeps his head in the clouds, but I read JJ's last tweet.  Click Below

JJ's Last Tweet

Maybe if he said see ya next year, maybe if he said I wish my teammates the best this year.  But the fact is he left it at I will be back.  Outside of his commercials I haven't even seen JJ at the facility.  If I know this man well, there is nothing more important than rehabbing and getting back to 100 percent.  Just like this season we have been so quick, as fans, to offer our opinion as to how much our very own team sucks at making decisions.  But if they brought him back at full speed to see if he needed a little more work done.  Immediately sent him off to rehab and be ready for the playoffs, this could make our road to Superbowl in our own house far from a fantasy.  JJ we miss you.  But definitely want you back at 100 percent.  Get Well soon....................NO REALLY!

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE LAST MONDAY NIGHT GAME WE WERE COUNTED OUT OF




CLICK HERE TO SEE HOPKINS TOP 10 CATCHES OF 2015

So I looked at DHop's top catches.  Every single one of them are in single coverage.  I have been so frustrated listening to not just other fans, but our own fans speak on how horrible Brock Osweiler is right now.  After going 2-14, we've followed that up with two 9-7 seasons.  BOTH years after 9 games we had 5 Losses.  This year we only have 3.  I sat in the end zone at the Jaguar game and I watched the safety cheat to DHop's side EVERY PLAY.  After every play to DHop the cornerback was complaining to the referee.  All of a sudden we get an offensive pass interference on DHop.  Team's have decided that DHop will not beat them.  Just like teams learned to double and triple team Watt.  The difference right now is twofold.
1.  Our most tenured receiver on the team is DHop who has been in the league 2 and a half years.
2.  Strong, Braxton, Fuller V, and Stephen Anderson are all dealing with injuries.  But they are ALL rookies.  Braxton has only been a receiver for 2 years.  Having Andre, Nate Washington, and Cecil shorts both of those years brought Veteran leadership to the room.  They were at least able to draw some respect from opposing defenders.

The NFL has probably the most former head coaches in coordinator roles in the history of the league.  These guys eventually figure out how to play some of the best people in the league.

DHop tweeted this when Fuller was drafted. CLICK HERE TO VIEW.

So hell no, DHop is not holding back.  These corners are playing him different.  When they go up for the ball.  A lot of those catches in the top 10 were not thrown accurate either.  Dhop will be just fine, as soon as Fuller V comes back and much like his tweet, eliminates the double teams.



Thank God Bill O'Brien and the Texans pay zero attention to what some of the fans are saying right now.  This organization had a choice to make.  Whether Derek Carr was on their radar in the draft is irrelevant.  When Su'A-Filo dropped into the second round with a 1st round grade, the Texans made their move.  Much like Dak, at that point it would not have been crazy that Carr could have been scooped up in the next round judging how far he'd already fallen.  Minus Duane Brown and Donald Penn the Texans Offensive line has 46 starts for the Texans and the Raiders line combine for 82 starts for the Raiders.  Derek Carr has been OK, but he hasn't lead the Raiders to a Superbowl or Playoff berth.  In fact, his first year they went 3-13.  The Texans are 16-6 the last 22 times that they've taken the field.  Brock seemed to be just fine in the pre season.  I wonder what happened?  I don't know, maybe his entire wide receiving core was playing injured, along with one of his tight ends?  Six out of 11 starters on the offense are new this season.  Oh by the way did I mention that the average age of our offense is 25!!!!!  The receivers also have to learn how to read defenses.  They have to know when to break in and out of their routes.  They also have to do this while being injured.  Listen, I'm not saying Brock is lighting it up out there and he doesn't have things to work on.  With his height, he has to get better with his feet work.  He's got to be able to not throw a fumble, and he has to make sure that he suffers from short term memory loss.  It will be crucial for him moving forward that he works with DHop on that back shoulder throw.  He needs to either stop throwing it where the receivers feel like they need to jump to catch the ball, or tell them not to jump.  That Brock we saw in the preseason still plays for the Houston Texans.  It will be important that he backs up the things he says at the press conference.  Having a poor performance should never make you feel good as long as you win.  You should always want to be greater than great.



I have been very clear in my support for Brock.  We need at least a full season before we start to even think about saying where this guy needs to be.  If the Texans are serious about wanting to be in the Superbowl in their own stadium, this game is a must win.  If Fuller V is fully healthy, I see Brock throwing for 300 yards, and 3 Touchdowns.  With Alfred Blue out for the game, this inserts Akeem Hunt's speed into the mix.  Between Lamar and Akeem, you will need to stack the box to stop these guys.  You will also have to set the edge and make sure they don't beat you up the sidelines.  This leaves both DHop and Fuller the ability to stretch the field and open it up for Fiederowicz up the middle.  This is what this offense was built to do.  If they can pull this off in any way, they can control Carr just by simply keeping him on the sidelines.  I say if, because they are walking into this game as underdogs.  With that being said, these players are fully aware that people aren't giving them a chance.  For this blog I went back and listened to several broadcasts about JJ Watt's injury and no one gave the Texans a shot without him.  I'm calling this one 27-10 Texans.  With the Texans defense shutting out the Raiders in the second half much like they've done with every opponent.  Playing on prime time television still worries me, but I just can't shake this feeling that this offense is going to gel really soon.  So why not in viva la Mexico!  And as always.......................................................



Go Texans!







DJ THE DJ








No comments:

Post a Comment