Sunday, November 27, 2016

Chargers V Texans, Wilfork's Wisdom, 30 Rushing Yards

30 Rushing Yards

The Texans held the Raiders to just 30 Rushing yards.  Despite talks that the Raiders would run all over the Texans, we came out and we moved the ball down the field.  Brock had, in my humble opinion, his best game of the season since the Chiefs game.  The game plan was simple.  Dominate the time of possession, don't turn the ball over, and make the Raiders one dimensional.  We did all of this.  Without harping on the horrible calls in very key situations, I think the biggest deal was not going down there earlier to practice and adjust to that altitude.  Once they started utilizing their backs to hit the sides and made our defense start running east and west, I think they ran out of gas and gave up some unfortunate plays.  But I told you all that it was more important for the team to play well than it was to win that game.  Several people counted us out of that game, including the refs.  




JD Clowney is easily having his best season as a Texan.  His importance in the run game, specifically holding the Raiders to just 30 yards rushing.  A team that has not ran less than 60 yards since week 4 against Baltimore.  It will be important that Whitney Mercilus shows back up in defensive big plays with John Simon out.  Against Patrick Rivers, one of the better under rated quarterbacks in the league, Whitney needs to get to the quarterback.  Can't imagine what this defensive would be like with a healthy Clowney, Mercilus, and JJ.  I told you last week that JJ would possibly be back for the season, and that heartfelt letter that was written novel like did nothing to change my opinion.  If the Texans figure out a way to sneak into the second round of the playoffs, you'll see JJ in 2017 alright, you'll see him on the team playing 3rd downs for YOUR HOUSTON TEXANS.


Listen according the folks in the betting world, we are 1.5 under dogs.  According to the guys over there at NFL previewing the games, this is the game that the Chargers get it done.  But listening to Wilfork's Wisdom in his press conference Click Here to hear how Wilfork LOVES Rivers.  He talked about how good they practiced, and how he feels about this game.  I feel that Wilfork was brought in to help change the mentality in this locker room to be a winning mentality.  He is coaching the young players on how to be leaders and how to be hungry.  I said last week it was more important for the team to play good than the win.  They played well, dominated ever stat.  I think the Texans come out here today and do what they have been doing which is shutting down a high powered offense/quarterback.  I think Brock continues his improvement because of the health of his receiving core, and the running game will thrive getting back veteran running back Johnathan Grimes, and hopefully Akeem Hunt brings some excitement to the return game.  I'm calling this one for the Texans as the home crowd will give the Chargers hell, and Brock will get the chance to show his abilities as a leader, and hopefully they come out and start fast and finish strong.  If the Texans are going to do it, this is the time to do so.  And as always...................................................



Go Texans!







DJ THE DJ










No comments:

Post a Comment