Welcome Demaryius Thomas to the squad. We can't wait to see Deshaun, DeAndre, and Demaryius.. Ladies and Gentlemen #ThreeDEES
WHY BILL?
As much as we have bashed O'Brien, I have to look at what he's tried to do long term. I have been against him trying to be OC AND head coach. But I'm reminded of the rumors of his battles with Rick Smith and how the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again. Some of the key things that are major differences from this organization.
- The Honey Badger is NOT Ed Reed, Ahman Green, or insert any washed up QB here.
- This team has seemed more prepared than in the past. We've heard strength and conditioning coaches along with how they are sleeping, and eating more this year than we've ever heard in the past.
- And let's just say putting Deshaun on a bus may have been funny or weird, but it actually WORKED.
I think the entire year last year Bill did things how he wanted them done, when he wanted them done and where he wanted them done. I don't know what the deal was on Savage, and how we could not make a deal to keep the best LT in the league, a line had to be drawn in the sand and the person that came out on the opposite side of that line was not Bill O'brien. Let's look back into what attracted us to Bill O'brien and how I feel this year's squad is coming very similar to the structure he had set there back in 2011.
In 2008, Bill was the QB's coach to Matt Cassle, after Brady went down with injury. They went on to go 11-5 without Tom Brady. As offensive coordinator this is where I draw my comparison and feel that this may finally be the season that Bill, who is to date the best branch off the Belichek tree, will make his jump to heir apparent of the Belichek throne. Now calm down I'm not giving the guy a yellow jacket. Just saying that we ran Kubiak out of here and on to Superbowl ring. Although there will be some who will continue to fail to give O'brien any credit if this team continues to succeed but will give him all the blame if they fail.
NO FULLER NO PROBLEM
I told you KeKe would be key and I continue to make that point. The year that Bill made OC for New England, and OH BY THE WAY, ended up turning down the Jaguars to interview for their vacant head coaching position, the Patriots went 13-3. The break down of targets didn't go to a WR1 or WR2. It went to this little slot receiver who happens to have gone to the same school as Coutee and actually coaches on our staff. I showed you Coutee's highlights. The biggest thing about Coutee is that he can also go deep and take the top off the defense. Adding Demaryius is just icing on the cake. The break down of targets (611) for New England that year was as follows:
- 38% 237 targets to TWO tightends
- 32% 198 targets to all other WR and RB's 9 different people
- 28% 173 targets to Wes Welker
Right now we are about right with 30% of the targets going to DHop. But the key is only 19% are going to tight ends due to their need to stay in and block, and 50% going to everyone else. The crazy thing is Coutee in limited action already has a whopping 30 targets. I don't think this Ryan Griffin move was all sickness. Could be Ryan not dealing with being benched well, either way I hope the guy gets better. Right now we've averaged about 32 targets per game with a low target rate to the TE Position. The Patriots averaged 38 targets per game and scored well over 500 points. I don't know there is a ton of targets out their for Demaryius if we get more production out of the tight end position. But he will be a much needed veteran that's been missed for quite some time at the WR2 position in Houston. I honestly feel that this offense now has the potential to be as nasty as the defense. And with the Honey Badger leading the way with the vigor and inspiration he has brought to the squad,, the sky is the limit.
FINALLY ALIGNED
I'm appalled at the people acting surprised that coach told Case that he wouldn't be more than a 3rd string QB. Some times a coach will say things to motivate you that may not be what you want to hear but be what you need to hear. All I know is we pulled Case off a Deer blind and gave him another shot at the NFL. When he left here the first time he had a couple of shots and didn't make it. The kid has an amazing story, but I don't know that this is a bad thing. After all he told Andre Johnson that he'd be a 40 catch guy, and Dre left us to go catch 41 balls for the Colts. So yea, I guess he was wrong. But seems I remember Kubiak getting fired a day after he took Case out of the game for Schaub. I may be wrong, but seems last season Savage was forced on us by somebody, and I guess we'll never know who, but whoever it was watched Savage get benched at halftime and when DW4 turned out to not be Schaub, it seems no one got fired. But I digress. I honestly feel that O'brien wanted DW4 all along, and that was the beginning of the end for Rick Smith. So far we didn't over spend for an offensive lineman in Solder, the line seems to be starting to gel, AND WE MADE A MOVE AT THE DEADLINE FOR A TRADE. A trade that we didn't give up our future 1st round picks, and we didn't throw away 40 million without at least meeting face to face with the player. Seems things are changing for the better. But we will still let haters hate. SHOUT OUT TO YOU BILL O'BRIEN and Brian Gain AND SEND MY LOVE TO JACK!!!
AND AS ALWAYS,
GO TEXANS!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment